Give Us One Reason Why Not …
To count the amount of benefits that clip-in hair extensions provide would be like trying to count all the stars in the sky. For those of us who dream about Disney Princess locks but are unfortunately not blessed with Jasmine-like hair, clip-ins are a wonderful alternative to achieving plenty of hair in an instant!
Although, once you have decided to take the leap and get one step closer to your Rapunzel hair, you’re faced with the challenge of which set of hair extensions to go for. Do you go for clip-in extensions, sewn-in or glued-in? Do you need them for extra length or thickness? Whichever your reason, take a look at the benefits and how you can achieve lustrous locks to suit your mane’s desires.
A few benefits of clip-in hair extensions – trust us, you won’t need more after reading this!
- Clip-in human hair extensions can easily be curled, straightened, and/or styled according to the desired hairstyle. Everyone wants what they can’t have, but with clip-in hair extensions, you can have whatever you WANT!
- There are various guides both online and offline on how to style them yourself.
- They automatically blend in with natural hair whether it’s the same texture or not.
- These extensions are available in different colours, shapes, length and textures.
- Maintains a natural look as it blends with your existing hair. The only difference is it ADDS extra volume and/or length.
- It can improve the overall appearance of your natural hair while adding beauty and confidence for the individual wearing them.
At HairCity we stock a variety of clip-in hair extensions - available in synthetic and human hair and ready for you to use! Look HOT and feel GREAT with thick, voluminous and beautiful hair.
Simply visit our website at http://www.haircity.co.za/collections/clip-in-hair-extensions and have a look at the gorgeous options we have available.
Lace wigs are an expensive investment and have gained a lot of popularity these days. To ensure that they last long, you must ensure that you give them the necessary care.
The following are a few tips on how to take proper care of your lace wigs.
Avoid exposure to direct heat:
Just like any other hair, the exposure of lace wigs to direct heat should be completely avoided. The heat damages the wig’s ends and this may lead to the drying out of your cuticles. Thus, when you place the lace wig on your head, ensure that you protect it from direct heat of the sun. NEVER place a lace wig near a fire, or over or near any other source of heat where it can get damaged easily. It is also recommended that; when wearing lace wigs that you don’t expose the locks to direct heat for a long period of time. Also avoid sitting close to fire and avoid use of a hair dryer on lace wig. The use of a hair dryer will cause drying out of your hair and may cause irreparable damage.
Comb it out gently:
Lace wigs need to be combed out generally just the way you do to your natural hair. When combing the hair on lace wig you should be extra cautious. Although the hair is generally secured in the lace base, you should be cautious because sudden force may dislocate or loosen it from the base. To prevent this, ensure that you begin brushing the hair to the top from the ends, while ensuring that you don’t get too close to lace base.
Use luke warm water in spray bottle to wash it:
Because the lace wig is not attached to the head, ensure that you always wash when it’s on its mannequin head. It is recommended that you add a bit of shampoo to a small spray bottle then filled with with moderately warm water. When done with the preparation of the mixture, place the actual lace wig in room-temperature water, and while doing this spray it with the combination of warm water and shampoo. Next, distribute shampoo all over the wig then use a wide-toothed comb or tangle teezer for working through your hair from root to tip
After the shampoo has been dispersed evenly through the lace wig, you can now rinse it. The rinsing should be done under cool water. After rinsing, you can apply conditioner. Work on the lace wig with conditioner just the way you worked through it with the shampoo. Once you are through with washing the lace wig with conditioner and shampoo, you can now rinse it out gently again for the third time, under water at room temperature. In doing this, ensure that you do not rub the hair strands against the other. In fact, you should pat dry your hair to prevent breakage or tangling of the hair.
Other important tips:
- Lace wigs should be washed at least twice every month, most preferably with clarifying shampoo. Clarifying shampoo is highly recommended because it helps with frizz, and tangles.
- Never blow dry lace wigs after being washed and rather allow to dry naturally. This will cause drying of the wig, and that may lead to increased breakage.
Lace wigs in Johannesburg are becoming a big fashion trend these days. People love lace wigs in general, and especially the front lace wigs because of their ability to create a natural look as they provide you with a natural front hairline. This is important because it adds a realistic appearance and also allows for hair styling away from the face. A high quality lace front is usually constructed with sheer, fine, material in which hair is hand-tied individually. Most of the lace wigs can be readily worn because they are pre-cut or pre-trimmed, although some others need some customisation. Either way it is extremely easy to cut so even if it is not pre-cut it should not be a problem. Lace wigs in Johannesburg are available in various colours, lengths, and styles so it’s up to you to choose the look you like.
The following are the main reasons why people love these wigs
Natural looking hairline:
Lace wigs are the best choice if you want to keep your wig a secret. The sheer lace front is nearly invisible and seamlessly blends against the skin and imitates natural hair growth appearance along the hairline. This is because the hair strands are individually tied in which makes it look like the hair is growing out of your scalp. In general, lace wigs in Johannesburg are among the highest quality wigs in the market, and the majority come ready to be worn.
Incredible styling versatility:
Unlike other wigs, lace wigs allow the wearer to style your hair away from your face, thus revealing the completely realistic hairline. Bangs are not necessary but due to the variety of styles available you can either buy a wig with a bang or simply clip one in.
Are you getting married soon? If yes, many brides preferring wearing lace wig in an updo style on the big wedding day. This is the reason why lace wigs are the number one choice for special occasions and wedding days.
In the past, lace wigs were quite expensive and out of reach of many people and thus were mainly used by celebrities on TV shows and movies. However, these days, they are much more common and affordable. In the recent past, there has been an increase in the numbers of wig designers who design lace wig styles the result being a wide variety of Lace wigs in Johannesburg, and this means that your choices keep growing.
For a perfect lace front, you need to do the following:
Hide your natural hair:
Do you have long natural hair? If yes, it is recommended and advised that you slightly pull it back then secure it under nylon wig cap or get it braided into short dreadlocks.
You will definitely not want to be in a situation where your natural hair is exposed under the lace front. If you don’t have natural hair, place the lace wig at the point where the hairline would be, if you had natural hair.
Match the skin tone:
If your skin is darker than the lace wig, use a damp tea bag to dye the wig until it matches the skin tone. To make the colour darker, dab the lace wig several times. In the alternative, you can use makeup for blending it up. Professionals have done it this way for many years.
Handle it with care:
Lace wigs in Johannesburg are made of delicate material and thus should be handled with great care, especially when taking the wig on and off, and when washing it. If the need to trim your lace wig arises, take it to a professional to do, and pinking shears must in all cases be used to do the job. If it’s not cut properly, the lace wig will unravel.
Are the extensions real human hair?
Yes! The extensions are 100% Remy Human Hair. This means that the hair is of the highest quality and that all the cuticles are intact and aligned in the same direction which prevents the hair from tangling and shedding. You can therefore treat the hair as you would your own hair and can wash, style and blow dry.
How long do they last?
100% human hair Clip in hair Extensions usually last between 6 months and a year (depending on how often you use and wash them and how well you look after them). Daily usage, regular heating and frequent washing all contribute to the wear and tear of your extensions. We advise not sleeping in your extensions to prevent damage to the hair. We recommend only washing your extensions every 10 - 20 wears.
How many clips do I get?
Each set of extensions is comprised of 7 wefts and you only need one set to cover your entire head. The 7 pieces consist of:
- 1 x 8" wide weft (4 clips)
- 2 x 6" wide wefts (3 clips)
- 2 x 4" wide wefts (2 clips)
- 2 x 2" wide wefts (1 clip)
How do I put them in?
- Part the section of your hair at the back of your head that is in line with your earlobes.
- Open the clips and attach them close to the roots. Start with the middle clip and with the biggest clip in piece. You can use a backcomb to rough the hair a bit close to the roots to give the clips a bit more hair to clip on to.
- Repeat these steps at different partings of your hair. Be sure to start at the lower half of your head and work your way up.
- The extensions should feel very secure and will not come out unless you unclip them.
- Do not try to slide the extensions off without first opening the clip.
How often should I wash them?
We recommend washing your clip in hair extensions every 10-20 wears. It is also a good idea to simply air them out as this is often gets the job done. Always use high quality shampoo to wash them.
How many sets do I need?
Clip ins are for thin and medium hair. If you have very thick hair, you may need 2 sets. Each set is 110 grams and has 7 pieces as explained above. All the pieces are the same length but have different widths.
What colour should I choose?
It’s always a good idea to choose a colour that closely matches your natural hair colour as you want the extensions to look as natural as possible and don’t necessarily want people to know you are wearing them.
If you are looking for a streak look or want to add a different shade of colour then it is best to buy micro loop (also known as micro ring extensions). Click here for our Micro Loop collection.
If you choose the wrong colour you can always return it within 7 days provided they are not damaged and unworn. Please see our Returns Policy for further details. If you are unsure of what colour to choose you can always send us an email to email@example.com and just attach a few photos of yourself in indoor and outdoor lighting and we’ll make sure you choose the right colour.
Can they be coloured?
It is better to not colour them as they have already undergone chemical treatment to get the extensions to the specific colour they are.
They can however be dyed to a darker shade but not to a lighter shade. Please bear in mind that dying your extensions will usually shorten the life of the hair.
It’s also better to always use a professional stylist if you want to colour them and always a good idea to first test one of the smaller clips and to use semi-permanent dye.
Are they comfortable to wear?
This is definitely one of the best things about clip in extensions. Once they are in you will not even know they are there! Girls they really are great! It will take you less than 5 minutes to insert, looks completely natural and you won’t even know you’re wearing them!
Brazilian hair is the most popular hair type in South Africa. The hair is typically soft, relatively thick and very durable. For this reason the hair is suited to any style so it is always a great option whether you prefer a straight, wavy or curly style. Brazilian hair also handles colour extremely well so if you buy Virgin Brazilian hair you can colour the hair to any colour you like. Due to the natural density the hair has it is also less likely to frizz which is a big plus and you can also use fewer bundles to still maintain a full look.
Malaysian hair has become very popular especially amongst international and South African celebrities. The hair has a very luxurious feel to it and has a great natural shine. The shine is however not excessive and after a few washes looks even more natural. The hair is very strong and for this reason holds curls extremely well. If you want to experiment with fabulous and regular curling of your hair then this is a great option. The hair is generally a nice dark brown colour. Like Brazilian hair it also handles colour well so if you buy Virgin Malaysian hair you can colour the hair to any colour or combination of colours you like.
Peruvian hair has become extremely popular. This hair is extremely durable and versatile and for this reason allows you to style and curl it repeatedly with great results. This makes Peruvian hair a great multi-purpose hair as you can constantly change your look and style without damaging the hair too much. The hair is extremely soft and slightly silkier than Brazilian hair. As Peruvian hair is still relatively rare it is also usually relatively more expensive than other hair types.
Indian hair is very high quality hair and is highly regarded in the beauty industry. The hair is very light, airy, full of bounce and easy to style. Indian hair usually comes in a natural straight and natural wave style. If you are looking for a natural wave style then this is the hair for you. Indian hair is also very popular because it does not tangle, shed easily or lose its natural wavy look.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS WE'D LOVE TO HEAR THEM!
HOW TO BRUSH YOUR LACE WIG
You will need:
- Allow hair to dry before you brush it in order to avoid damage to the fibre.
- Use a comb and separate your hair into three sections.
- Using your paddle brush start from the bottom and work your way up. This will remove tangles and knots.
- Once all the knots have been removed, brush your hair from the top down in gentle strokes.
- Remember the more you brush and wash your hair the more you damage the fibres of the hair.
HOW TO BLOW DRY AND CURL YOUR LACE WIG
You will need:
- Curling iron or hair straightener
- Hair dryer
- Hold the curler on the hair to get the curl to set.
- Once you remove the curler, do not pull the hair, just slide the curler out of the curl and set for 10 seconds.
- Allow the curl to cool before pulling or styling.
- Be sure to test a small section of hair underneath your wig to ensure that the curling iron is not too hot! Futura Technology wigs can resist heat up to 400F
- The hair can be blow-dried on low setting, but it is not recommended to do it too often.
- It is best to let your hair dry naturally after washing.
HOW TO APPLY YOUR LACE WIG
You will need:
For extra hold:
- Create a Flat Surface for the wig to sit on by either braiding your hair in small cornrows or wearing a wig cap to create a bump free and flat surface.
- Cleanse your forehead with toner/water using a cotton ball. This will create a clean, oil free surface.
- Cut the excess lace off the wig by using sharp scissors to trim the excess lace. Be careful not to cut any baby hairs.
- Cut small amounts at a time and put your lace wig on a few times until you are satisfied that you have cut enough lace. The lace must look like a natural hairline.
- Use the adjustable straps at the back of the wig to adjust the wig to your head size.
- Once you are happy with the fit of the wig secure the wig with the combs and pin it into your hair
- Sew in a few tracks of the wig into your hair using a needle and thread. Sew in the first few tracks into your cornrows as you would do a normal weave.
- Mark or gently outline where you want the wig to fit so that you do not apply adhesive outside of this area.
- Apply adhesive to your hairline. Do this by either using glue or tape. If you are using lace glue let it dry for +- 15 minutes).
- Apply your Lace Wig. Starting at the middle point of your forehead, bond the wig to your head by pressing down on one side, then the other, using the back end of a comb. Bond the front hairline first for lace front wigs then the nape for full lace wigs. If you have glue showing beyond the edges of the lace remove the excess glue using BMB Lace Glue Remover.
- Let the glue dry completely before styling!
HOW TO REMOVE YOUR LACE WIG
This only applies if you have glued your wig on
You will need:
- Pull all the hair up into a ponytail. This will provide better access to the hairline where the remover will be placed
- Apply Lace Wig Remover around the edges of your lace wig. Let the remover sit for 2-5 minutes.
- Work with the releaser in your fingers and gently pull the lace wig free.
- Once you have completely removed the wig shampoo it and be sure to remove any left over glue or tape with a towel. It is best to remove all glue before washing.
- Let the wig dry naturally. You can then reapply, style and store.
Products to wash your hair
Futura hair can be washed with shampoo and conditioner.
It is advisable to wash it with a low lather shampoo. Usually any baby shampoo is good. We recommend 'JOHNSON'S® Baby NO MORE TEARS Shampoo'.
Most conditioners are safe to use and should be rinsed out thoroughly.
How to wash your hair
Rinse your hair with luke warm water.
Apply a small amount of shampoo onto the hair and gently massage the shampoo into the hair by using your fingers in a combing motion (from the top to the bottom.)
DO NOT SCRUNCH THE HAIR WITH YOUR FINGERS! YOU DO NOT WANT THE SHAMPOO TO LATHER THE HAIR TOO MUCH!
Rinse out the shampoo gently.
Apply conditioner (in the same motion as the shampoo) and leave on for 5 minutes.
Rinse the conditioner out thoroughly.
Do not brush it, blow dry or heat style it while wet as this can damage the fibre.
If you find the hair is a bit shiny when you receive it- rinse it in lukewarm water and leave to air dry over night. Alternatively you can use baby powder and tap onto the hair for an instant shine reduction.
It is not necessary to use any oils or moisturizers on the hair. The beauty of Futura is that it maintains its natural glow even after being washed. If you feel that it has some wear, apply a dollop of Silicon Serum and massage into the hair.
Curling and blow drying
Unlike human hair, you have to hold the curler on the hair for at least twice the length of time to get the curl to set.
Once you remove the curler, do not pull the hair, just slide the curler out of the curl and set for 10 seconds.
Allow the curl to cool before pulling or styling.
Be sure to test a small section of hair underneath your wig to ensure that the curling iron is not too hot!
The hair can be blow-dried on low setting, but it is not recommended to do it too often.
It is best to let your hair dry naturally after washing.
What is Futura technology hair?
Futura technology fibres are not the same as your traditional synthetic/plastic-looking fibres.
Futura fiber is very similar to human hair because it can withstand heat up to 400°F however it does not mat or tangle like human hair can. It is a fraction of the cost and can last much longer than standard human hair. Futura is being used for weaving hair, bulk braiding hair, wigs, lace front wigs as well as human hair blended products such as blended weaving hair and blended wigs.
Futura high heat hair weaving/hair extensions have similarities to human hair since it looks and feels just like real hair. Futura synthetic hair fibers do not cause any itching since it is not processed with chemicals that can irrItate the scalp.
The hair fibers are very strong and can be styled in a variety ways. The fibers used to make Futura hair are heat resistant so the hair is curling iron safe and can be heat styled using a flat iron or curling iron. The hair is also tangle free and maintains a natural shine, which makes it easier to manage.
Weaves are In!! Join in the trend, Find out how HERE!